Browse & Register for Courses
Our 2021 courses are available to degree-seeking and non-degree professional development students with completed bachelor’s degrees.
Spring Registration Begins:
December 8 (returning students)
TBD (new students)
Summer Registration Begins:
March 30 (returning students)
March 30 (new students)
Fall Registration Begins:
April 17 (returning graduate students)
April 20 (returning undergraduate students)
July 1 (new graduate students)
August 4 (new undergraduate students)
*You may take up to 6 credits (usually 2 courses) prior to admission to a School of Education and Human Development degree and certificate programs.
Register For Courses
Register: UVA SIS
Registering for a course only requires you to establish a student record at the University. An application for admission and supporting documents are not necessary.
1) If you already have a UVA SIS login ID (Student Information System) you may login to SIS and browse our course offerings and register.
2) If you do not have a SIS Login ID, complete the Non-Degree Student form. You will receive a SIS Login ID from the School of Education and Human Development in 24-48 hours. You may then enter SIS.
Browse For Courses
Official Course Catalog: UVA SIS
You may browse for courses without a SIS Login ID to see what is offered.
1) Choose desired term.
2) Click on Campus–choose either Main (Charlottesville), off-Grounds (NOVA & Richmond Centers) or Online.
3) Click on Course Careers–graduate or undergraduate.
These three steps above will show you all of the courses the School of Education and Human Development is offering in that term.
4) If you already know the School of Education and Human Development Department where your desired course is housed search by "subject," using abbreviations: Curriculum, Instruction & Special Ed (EDIS), Human Services (EDHS), Education Leadership, Foundations & Policy (EDLF), Kinesiology (KINE).
You may take up to 6 credits (usually 2 courses) prior to admission to School of Education and Human Development degree and certificate programs; those credits will be transferred in once you are admitted. To take these classes, complete a Non-Degree Student Form prior to the start of the term. Please allow 1-2 business days for processing and be sure to fill out the residency section of the form to make sure that you are charged the correct tuition amount. You may then apply for entry to the degree program while taking the classes.
Questions - If you have questions about the browsing and registration process, feel free to contact us by email at [email protected], phone at 703-536-1106, or toll-free at 1-877-280-6235.