Cost: Tuition & Fees
The return on investment for a graduate degree or certification in education is positive. A master's degree immediately qualifies an educator for a 20% raise on average, and additional lifetime earnings of almost $300,000. Other degrees and professional development certifications also equate to higher earnings, as well as broader career opportunities.
Why The UVA School of Education and Human Development?
As the #16 school of education in the country (according to U.S. News & World Report), the UVA School of Education and Human Development provides unmatched opportunities to learn alongside some of the best scholars and researchers in the field of education. Whether you want to be a classroom teacher, a researcher, a policy-maker, or any number of related careers, a UVA School of Education and Human Development education will help you change the world.
Tuition and fees are set annually.
- 2022-2023 Tuition & Fees (PDF)
- 2021-2022 Tuition & Fees (PDF)
- 2020-2021 Tuition & Fees (PDF)
- 2019-2020 Tuition & Fees (PDF)
- Full-time, Off-Grounds Research-Only or Internship Fee Guidelines (PDF)
- PreK-12 Educators: The UVA School of Education and Human Development is pleased to provide a tuition discount to all preK-12 educators.
- Online Students: Our online tuition rate is below average, and we offer the same rate for both in-state and out-of-state students.
The University of Virginia offers a wide range of financial aid options, in addition to federal and state aid. We can help you find the information you need and guide you through every step of the process. Not quite sure where to start? Click here to learn more about financial aid at the UVA School of Education and Human Development.
Questions? We have answers.
Figuring out how to pay for your degree can be challenging, but we're here to help you through every step of the process. If you have questions about tuition or fees, please contact us at email@example.com.