Admission for Transfer Students
Learn about the admission process for applicants interested in transferring to the UVA School of Education and Human Development from another educational institution.
Application Deadline for Transfer Students
The application deadline is March 1 for transfer students from other institutions applying to one of the School of Education and Human Development's B.S.Ed. programs. Transfer students apply through the Common App.Apply Now
Admission Process for Transfer Students
Transfer Student Admission Process
Application for undergraduate admission for students transferring to UVA from another institution is made through the Common Application system.
- As you are completing the application questions, you will be prompted to indicate which school within UVA you are applying to. Be sure to specify that you intend to transfer to the School of Education and Human Development.
- Indicate your desired B.S.Ed. program within the school (Kinesiology, Speech Communication Disorders, Youth and Social Innovation, Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Special Education).
- Explore our transfer student guides for the individual B.S.Ed. programs:
- B.S.Ed. in Early Childhood Education Transfer Guide
- B.S.Ed. in Elementary Education Transfer Guide
- B.S.Ed. in Special Education Transfer Guide
- B.S.Ed. in Speech Communication Disorders Transfer Guide (coming soon)
- B.S.Ed. in Kinesiology Transfer Guide (coming soon)
- B.S.Ed. in Youth & Social Innovation Transfer Guide (coming soon)
Central UVA Undrgraduate Admission FAQ's are linked here for your reference.
Transfer students, apply through the Common Application system.
Transfer Student Course Requirements
Transfer candidates must be in good standing, both academically and socially, at the institution or institutions they have attended. Successful applicants ordinarily will have earned a cumulative grade point average of a 3.o or better at their previous colleges; they also will have completed, or come close to completing, the specific transfer requirements for the school and program they wish to enter. The UVA Central Admission office requires the submission of ALL previous college and high school transcripts.
Students are ordinarily admitted only for the fall semester. Students interested in spring admission must have 24 credit hours earned and completed by the end of the fall semester preceding the desired spring semester. Admission is granted to individual schools and not specific departments or majors within the schools.
Central UVA transfer course requirements are linked here for your reference.
Central UVA Transfer Course Requirements
Review the transfer course requirements on the UVA Central Admission page (under School of Education and Human Development).
- In alignment with UVA’s undergraduate admissions policies, transfer students are not required to submit standardized test scores (SAT or ACT scores).
- Applicants to the Teacher Education program: Students are not required to take teacher licensure exams prior to admission. If you have taken any licensure exams (Virginia Communication and Literacy Assessment, Praxis Elementary Multiple Subjects, Reading for Virginia Educators), you may wish to add those scores to your application, but scores are not required. The majority of teacher education students take their licensure exams during the third and fourth year.