Youth Advisory Council
Why Should Youth Join Our Youth Advisory Council?
Short Term Benefits
- Build strong and lasting friendships
- Develop soft skills (communication, teamwork, problem solving, etc.)
- Swag bags/merchandise
- Access to UVA and/or YN events gift cards!
Long Term Benefits
- Develop a network of support
- Learn about post-secondary education opportunities (career pathways, college application assistance, and connection to scholarships)
Youth Council Membership Criteria
- Applicants must currently be enrolled at a Charlottesville City or Albemarle County school and remain enrolled for the duration of the 2022-2023 school year
- Willingness to learn and the desire to make a difference
- Comfortable working remotely using virtual communication platforms, such as Zoom
- All applicants will be considered regardless of race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability
Youth can express interest or adults can make referrals through this Youth-Nex Sign Up Form.
Are you a youth or do you know a youth who is interested in engaging with Youth-Nex?
Tell us more and we will be in touch about future opportunities!