Guaranteed Admission into Master's Programs for Teacher Education Undergraduates
The School of Education and Human Development offers a guaranteed admission pathway for University of Virginia graduates of the undergraduate Teacher Education major to enter select graduate programs.
To qualify for guaranteed admission, students must meet the following criteria:
- Graduated from the UVA B.S.Ed. program with a major in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, or Special Education
- Graduated from the UVA B.S.Ed. program within the last five years of the date of application
- Graduated from the UVA B.S.Ed. program with a cumulative GPA of a 3.3 or higher
- Graduated from the UVA B.S.Ed. program with eligibility for a collegiate professional license (i.e., completed all requirements for licensure, including student teaching)
The online application will prompt you to confirm your eligibility requirements. Refer to the eligibility guidelines on this page.
As part of the online application, you must submit:
- Goal statement
- Unofficial transcripts
The following application components are waived for students who qualify for guaranteed admission:
- GRE scores or GRE alternative (writing sample, NBPTS certification, or completion of two courses with qualifying grades)
- Letters of recommendation
- Application fee
Application for guaranteed admission is made to the School of Education and Human Development Office of Admission & Enrollment. For more information about the graduate admission process, please visit our Graduate Admission page.
Admission & Enrollment
Engaging with prospective students and families on the process of applying to our school.
- [email protected]
- Ridley Hall 102
- Monday-Friday: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm