Early Admission into Master of Teaching Programs
The School of Education and Human Development offers an early admission option for current second and third year UVA undergraduate students into M.T. programs
To qualify for early admission, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current UVA second or third-year undergraduate (students from any school and any major at UVA are welcome to apply).
- Stay on track to complete remaining content studies coursework prior to the completion of their undergraduate degree. Content studies coursework requirements are unique to the M.T. program you are interested in. Review the content studies coursework requirements on the M.T program page of your choice (under admission requirements).
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of a 2.7 and a major GPA of a 3.0.
Students who do not meet these criteria will be re-reviewed for admission at the start of their fourth year.
If you are a current fourth year student, there is a direct admission option into M.T. programs available to you.
Current UVA 2nd or 3rd years should take the following steps to apply for early admission into M.T. programs:
- Review the M.T. program offerings at EHD to determine which program best fits your goals.
- Review the eligibility guidelines listed on this page.
- Apply for early admission through EHD's internal application system.
- Follow the application prompts to indicate your interest in early admission to M.T. programs.
For questions about the early admission option and application process, please reach out to the Office of Admission & Enrollment.
Application for early admission is made to the School of Education and Human Development Office of Admission & Enrollment. For more information about the graduate admission process, please visit our Graduate Admission page.