Non-Funded Agreements FAQs
- Contact EHD's NFA contact (below) to initiate the NFA Smartform in ResearchUVA PBH and forward any draft agreements, supporting documentation, and other information necessary (e.g., IRB approval) for the NFA. Please also provide the legal entity name and address of the counterparty.
- The EHD NFA contact will work with you to complete any remaining items necessary for the Smartform, and will set up any necessary ancillary reviews.
- Once the Smartform is complete and all ancillary reviews have been signed, the EHD NFA contact will submit the NFA to OSP for their review and execution.
- Please initiate this process as early as possible, and build in multiple weeks into your time to allow for review.
The following items are typically required for all non-funded agreements:
- Do you have a draft agreement from the sponsor, or will OSP need to generate one internally? (If the sponsor provides it, send it to Jeff Parks.)
- What is the project title?
- What type of agreement is needed? (for example, Confidentiality Agreement, Data Use Agreement, Material Transfer Agreement, etc.)
- What is the project description?
- Does this request require UVA to provide funding (>$500) to an outside party for goods and services?
- What is the Counterparty’s name and address, and the name, email, and phone number of the counterparty’s contact for this agreement
- What department or center will this NFA be run through?
- What are the project start and end dates?
- Will any students work on this project? If so, will they be paid, and are they graduate or undergraduate students?
- Do you have any additional information to provide?
Additional information that will be needed is dependent upon the type of NFA you are requesting. OSP lists what documents are required based on agreement type on their contracts website.
The University of Virginia bases its DUA template on the Federal Demonstration Partnership (FDP) templates.
The OSP website includes information and our position regarding high leverage contractual issues.
Please review any funding and payment terms and conditions in the non-funded agreement to make sure this meets with the PI’s and Post-award’s expectations, and contact Jeff Parks if changes need to be made.
The contact for EHD's non-funded agreement point-person is below.
Grant agreements are tied to funded sponsored awards so you should reach out to the EHD Principal Investigator (PI) or their local pre-award or post-award research administrator, whose contact information can be found on those webpages. Please reference any identifying information (award number, for example) in your communications.
Non-Funded Agreements Contact
Contact for data use agreements (DUAs), MOUs, confidential disclosure agreements (CDAs), material transfer agreements (MTAs), etc.