Special Tuition Application for Virginia Prek-12 Educators
Reduced tuition rates for eligible preK-12 educators who teach in Virginia schools
Eligibility Guidelines for the Virginia PreK-12 Educator Tuition Rate
- Pre-kindergarten through grade twelve public and private, non-profit school teachers, counselors, administrators, supervisors, librarians, coaches, and other support staff are eligible.
- Eligible personnel must be contractual employees of a Virginia preK-12 public school division or private, non-profit school during the period in which they are enrolled in courses.
- Individuals on official leave from their assignments are eligible for reduced tuition.
- Courses must be for career advancement or professional development in preK-12 education, not for planned career changes outside of preK-12 education. (As noted above, research hours do not qualify for the special rate.)
- Students must be considered Virginia residents by the Office of Virginia Status at UVA.
- Students enrolled in doctoral (Ph.D. or Ed.D.) programs are not eligible for the preK-12 educator tuition rate.
- Current Teach for America and AmeriCorps members serving in Virginia pre-kindergarten through grade twelve public and private, non-profit schools are eligible. They should list TFA/AmeriCorps as their employer in the form.