Courtney Sullivan coordinates and advises all online licensure opportunities. She enjoys helping students find the right educational path for their goals and serves as the primary licensure contact for the Virginia Department of Education.
Sullivan is available to provide individual guidance to both current and prospective students about a range of UVA programs and courses, including:
- Alternate routes to teacher licensure
- Master of Teaching – English as a Second Language (Online)
- Master of Teaching – Special Education (Online)
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Library Media Program with UVA-Wise
- Special Education add-on endorsement
Prior to her current role worked as a young adults with disabilities transition specialist, in-home disability support specialist, elementary and middle grades inclusion teacher, elementary reading specialist, and special education coordinator in the DMV area. Sullivan has a special interest in supporting systems to recruit, advise and prepare a diverse candidate pool for licensure in high-needs areas such as SPED and ESL.
M.S.Ed., Saint Bonaventure University, 2013
B.S.Ed., Saint Bonaventure University, 2011