School Climate Surveys
In partnership with the Virginia Department of Education, we administered the inaugural Virginia Working Conditions Survey to licensed teachers and staff in all Virginia public schools as well as a new Virginia School Climate Survey to elementary and high school students. The surveys were administered between January and March 2019 and all divisions and schools were provided feedback reports summarizing the responses of their teachers, staff, and students. We will be analyzing the survey responses to (1) assess the surveys’ psychometric properties, (2) characterize the extent to which perceptions of working conditions and school climate vary across schools within the Commonwealth, and (3) examine the relationships between school climate and student educational outcomes.
2019 Results and Analyses
- Update: Preliminary Analyses from 2019 Virginia School Climate and Working Conditions Surveys
- Statewide Results from the 2019 Virginia Teacher Working Conditions Survey
- Statewide Results from the 2019 Virginia Staff Working Conditions Survey
- Statewide Results from the 2019 Virginia Elementary School Climate Survey
- Statewide Results from the 2019 Virginia Secondary School Climate Survey