New Students FAQ - Direct Admit (Kinesiology)

  • When should I come to orientation?

    UVA will make a decision regarding summer orientation and enrollment by June 1st. As soon as we have this information, we will communicate with you our plans and next steps.

  • Is there anything I need to do to prepare for summer orientation?

    Please carefully review the Student To Do List and the general FAQ section on the UVA Orientation website and reach out if you have any questions at all!

  • Where do I send my final transcripts?

    Send your final high school transcript and any transfer credit/dual enrollment credit information to UVA’s Central Undergraduate Admissions Office. We will receive your information electronically from their office. 

  • Where do I send my AP Scores?

    Send any AP scores you may have to UVA using the College Code 5820. If you do not send them electronically, you should order a score report and bring it to the July orientation session unopened, so we can assist with the transfer credit process.

  • Who is my advisor?

    Your advisor is assigned over the summer and you will be able to see their name in your student center on the Student Information System.

  • What is SIS and why is it important?

    SIS is the Student Information System. SIS houses all of your academic and enrollment information. You will use SIS to enroll in your courses as a UVA student and will do this the first time in July at orientation. We recommend you start familiarizing yourself now with SIS by watching these videos and the SIS Help Center.

  • What classes should I take this semester?

    Please review the curriculum requirements on the UVA undergraduate record

  • What should I do if I do not get the classes I expected?

    It is likely you will not get all the classes you expect when you come to orientation and even when you enroll in later semesters. First, remember that enrollment at orientation is a process and you will be able to change your schedule again beginning in early August. At this time, many courses open up because all students are adjusting their schedules. Second, the curriculum is flexible and there are several options to fill many of the required courses. Always make sure you meet with your advisor to go over your selections and alternative options.

  • How can I get involved?

    There are several opportunities to get involved in organizations specific to the School of Education and Human Development. You can find a list here. UVA will also offer you a variety of ways to get involved and there is likely to be something for everyone.

  • Where do I go for Career Services, Student Affairs, Registrar and Admissions related questions?

    The Office of Admissions and Student Affairs is a one-stop shop for the resources listed above and several others. We continue to operate remotely while the University is closed. Please reach out to any of our staff with questions or call 434-924.0742. All new students at the School of Education and Human Development will be added to the Canvas Virtual Community (CVC) in Canvas. The CVC includes important resources, discussions, and programming information. Students can visit the CVC, or find it in their Canvas Dashboard of courses.

  • What support systems are available to me as a student?

    When you join the School of Education and Human Development, you are joining a strong support system. You will have access to all of the UVA resources and it is likely you will access these resources as a student. You can find a list of UVA resources here at the bottom of the page under UVA resources.

    If you are in a situation where you are in need of support or accommodations due to mental or physical distress, we recommend you first contact your faculty advisor to notify them and start the process. Catherine Brighton, Associate Dean, and Jessica Livingston, Director of Student Affairs, connect students to the appropriate resources and offices at the School of Education and Human Development and on Grounds to help you navigate difficult circumstances.