Office of Communications & Marketing (OCM)
We've updated our files and templates per the renaming decision. Email [email protected] if you can't immediately find what you're looking for. Thank you!
The Office of Communications and Marketing (OCM) shares the important stories of the students, faculty, staff and alumni of the School of Education and Human Development. Our goal is to enhance the school’s reputation nationally and globally by sharing the superb work being done by our faculty and staff, and to encourage students to choose our school as the place to earn their degree.
We are located in Bavaro Hall, Suite 106, down the hallway from the Dean’s Office.
Our office provides support for communications and marketing activities, including:
- Content strategy and editorial planning
- Student recruitment
- Public relations
- Website management
- Social media
- Email communications
On this page you’ll find an assortment of tools and resources. Download one of our self-service templates, our logo, or a copy of our Brand Guidelines Poster. Need help with a project? Complete and submit our Project Intake Form. General questions for our team? Email [email protected].
OCM Self-Service Templates & Tools
Can't find what you're looking for below? Complete and submit our Project Intake Form and we'll review your request.
Word and PowerPoint Templates
- PowerPoint Presentations:
- Word Letterheads:
- Other Templates:
You must be a registered Canva user (free) to use. Please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the template types you're interested in (listed below).
Available Canva Templates: TV Monitor Images, Event Posters and Flyers, Email Headers, Social Media Images (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn).
OCM Project Intake Form
Submit requests for new and edited marketing communications projects with the Office of Communications and Marketing Project Intake Form.
All requests must be submitted a minimum of 12 business days before the due date. Please allow additional time for review, revisions and approval.
Our preferred logo lock-up is horizontal and full-color. It is recommended for most applications where space allows. The vertical version is for when horizontal space is limited. Download our rgb logo below as a .png (everyday use) or an .eps (vector) file. Reach out to us should you need access to our other logo options, particularly for professionally printed pieces. Review our Brand Visual Guidelines Poster to learn more about our logo. The below files are RGB, please reach out to us should you need a CMYK version for print or signage.
This is the official School of Education and Human Development logo. It should be used whenever possible to represent the School as a whole.
- Preferred Primary Logo (full-color): Download .png | Download .eps
- White Text: Download .png | Download .eps
- Monogram: Download .png | Download .eps
For when horizontal space is limited and the horizontal logos will not work as effectively.
Our Brand Visual Guidelines Poster is a one-page reference document for the fonts and graphics of the School of Education and Human Development. Please contact us if you're working with an external agency and need additional files and direction.Download Brand Visual Guidelines Poster
Our Media Toolkit outlines specific strategies and tactics for scholars to effectively field media inquiries, author various types of commentaries, and promote work on a local, regional, and national scale. Learn how to work with the media, explore major publications, and learn about our organic social media strategy. Requires NetBadge login.Download Media Toolkit Files
University Brand has a great tool to create your own email signature. Some of the elements do not function at the moment, so we've used that tool to create a template just for the School. Download the template and follow the instructions listed below to add your signature to Microsoft Outlook.
- Download the Word email signature template document.
- Customize the signature to your liking but do not change the font or colors, e.g. you can remove lines if you don't feel the address is necessary, or if you don't have a fax number.
- Copy the newly customized signature in its entirety.
- Open Outlook and open a new email message.
- On the Message menu, select Signature > Signatures.
- Under 'Select signature to edit', choose New, and in the New Signature dialog box, type a name for your signature.
- Under Edit signature, paste your new signature from the Word document.
- Under Choose default signature, set the following options for your signature:
- In the E-mail account drop-down box, confirm your virginia.edu email account is highlighted.
- Then select when you want the signature to appear - just new messages and/or replies/forwards.
- Click OK to save your new signature.
- Close the Outlook email you created at the start of this exercise. New emails will contain your signature settings.
If you'd like to add links to your social media profile(s), please reach out to us for support.Download Email Signature Template
Share your ideas for student and alumni profiles. Log on to NetBadge to use this Microsoft Office form.Submit Your Profile Idea
This document will help you host your own virtual events for prospective students via Zoom. We've also added a 400x400 pixel version of our logo that can be used to represent the School brand on your event registration page and your event communications in Zoom.Download Guide Download Zoom Optimized Logo
Video Conference Call Images
The images below can be used as background images for Zoom video conference calls. Click the link underneath the thumbnail photo for a larger image that can be downloaded and then uploaded into Zoom.