EHD Staff Advisory Council
The purpose of the School of Education and Human Development’s Staff Advisory Council (EHD-SAC) is to facilitate communication between staff and the administration of the School of Education and Human Development to:
- Partner with school leadership to identify, brainstorm, and implement ideas that foster an engaged and positive community.
- Enable open dialogue to share ideas and concerns in an effort to facilitate implementation of school-wide changes and resolution of staff concerns as appropriate.
- Provide ideas and feedback on employee development opportunities and help facilitate such opportunities.
EHD-SAC is composed of representatives from each of the following categories: academic departments, centers, and administrative offices. For every additional 15 staff members over 30, that category will elect an additional representative. University and classified staff in each of these areas elect their representatives to two-year terms each June.
- The 2022-2023 Staff Advisory Council meetings will be open meetings with all EHD staff encouraged to attend and participate. Meeting dates will be posted here once determined. Meetings are currently virtual - please email the SAC (email@example.com) to obtain the Zoom link.
- The EHD Staff Advisory Council co-hosted a Town Hall Meeting on the topic of merit raises with EHD Senior Associate Dean for Management and Planning, Justin Thompson. The goal of this town hall was to bring greater transparency about the performance management cycle and merit raise process for EHD staff. Notes from the town hall can be found here: EHD Staff Advisory Council - Town Hall Meeting - Merit Raises.
- Thank you all to those who were able to join us for the Spring 2022 All EHD Staff Meeting. We’re so excited to be able to offer both in-person and virtual options to maximize participation! If you were unable to attend the meeting, but are interested in hearing more from various leaders and groups across EHD, we encourage you to watch the meeting recording here: Spring 2022 All EHD Staff Meeting.
Information for Prospective Representatives
We encourage you to consider serving on the EHD-SAC! The representatives have the opportunity to shape that year's staff activities and committee direction. Each representative commits to attending monthly meetings and some project-related tasks, with the goal of planning two School of Education and Human Development-wide staff meetings and other learning activities throughout the year. The committee also acts as a mechanism for staff suggestions on community or educational activities, and as sounding board for the School of Education and Human Development leadership with regard to staff initiatives. If you are interested in nominating yourself - or a colleague! - for the EHD Staff Advisory Council, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Recruitment for the 2023-2024 academic year will begin in spring 2023.
2022-2023 Staff Advisory Council Members
Grace Kegley: Chair, Term expires 2023 (email@example.com)
Karime Cameron: Vice Chair, Term expires 2023 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Michelle Francis: Secretary, Term expires 2024 (email@example.com)
Nadia Cempre: Term expires 2024 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Alicia Cowan-Brown: Term expires 2024 (email@example.com)
Britton Dunavannt: Term expires 2024 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Abby Gillespie: Term expires 2023 (email@example.com)
Laura Hoxworth: Term expires 2024 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Miriam Rushfinn: Term expires 2023 (email@example.com)
Christina Taylor: Term expires 2024 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Kennedy Weisner: Term expires 2024 (email@example.com)
Cody Lloyd, Staff Senate Representative (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Bern Poerio, Staff Senate Representative (email@example.com)
Stephanie Tharp, Staff Senate Representative (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Justin Thompson, Senior Associate Dean and Chief Operating Officer (email@example.com)
The Committee is working on future projects, speakers, brown bag meetings, and the staff retreat. The Committee welcomes and encourages any and all suggestions from the School of Education and Human Development staff as we seek some informative and educational topics. We would appreciate ideas being shared with any of the members of the Committee through personal conversation or emails.