EHD Staff Advisory Council
The purpose of the School of Education and Human Development’s Staff Advisory Council (EHD-SAC) is to facilitate communication between staff and the administration of the School of Education and Human Development to:
- Partner with school leadership to identify, brainstorm, and implement ideas that foster an engaged and positive community.
- Enable open dialogue to share ideas and concerns in an effort to facilitate implementation of school-wide changes and resolution of staff concerns as appropriate.
- Provide ideas and feedback on employee development opportunities and help facilitate such opportunities.
EHD-SAC is composed of representatives from each of the following categories: academic departments, centers, and administrative offices. For every additional 15 staff members over 30, that category will elect an additional representative. University and classified staff in each of these areas elect their representatives to two-year terms each June.
- The Fall 2021 All Staff Meeting took place (virtually and in-person) on Friday, October 1, 2021. Participants had the opportunity to learn more about the Staff Advisory Council plans for the year, hear from Dean Pianta and Senior Associate Dean Justin Thompson, as well as others from around the School of Education and Human Development. A recording of the meeting will be sent out in the fall staff newsletter.
- The 2021-2022 Staff Advisory Council meetings are open meetings with all EHD staff encouraged to attend and participate. Meetings will be held on the third Thursday of the month from 12-1pm EST, unless otherwise indicated: (October 21, November 18, January 20, February 17, March 17, April 21, May 19, June 16; no meeting in December). Meetings are currently virtual - please email Grace Kegley ([email protected]) to obtain the Zoom link.
Information for Prospective Representatives
We encourage you to consider serving on the EHD-SAC! The representatives have the opportunity to shape that year's staff activities and committee direction. Each representative commits to attending monthly meetings and some project-related tasks, with the goal of planning two School of Education and Human Development-wide staff meetings and other learning activities throughout the year. The committee also acts as a mechanism for staff suggestions on community or educational activities, and as sounding board for the School of Education and Human Development leadership with regard to staff initiatives. If you are interested in nominating yourself - or a colleague! - for the EHD Staff Advisory Council, please email [email protected] for more information.
2021-2022 Staff Advisory Council Members
Alison Lubin: Chair, Term expires 2022 ([email protected])
Nica Basuel: Vice Chair, Term expires 2023 ([email protected])
Abby Gillespie: Co-Secretary, Term expires 2023 ([email protected])
Grace Kegley: Co-Secretary, Term expires 2023 ([email protected])
Karime Cameron: Term expires 2023 ([email protected])
Danielle Peacock: Term expires 2023 ([email protected])
Martha Pullen: Term expires 2022 ([email protected])
Miriam Rushfinn: Term expires 2023 ([email protected])
Leslie Booren, Staff Senate Representative ([email protected])
Bern Poerio, Staff Senate Representative ([email protected])
Joey Carls, Dean's Office ([email protected])
The Committee is working on future projects, speakers, brown bag meetings, and the staff retreat. The Committee welcomes and encourages any and all suggestions from the School of Education and Human Development staff as we seek some informative and educational topics. We would appreciate ideas being shared with any of the members of the Committee through personal conversation or emails.