SURP Interns and Alumni
Explore the pages of each SURP alumni cohort by clicking on the hyperlinked years below (e.g. "2013 interns"). You can also access the research that each intern presented at the Leadership Alliance National Symposium (e.g. "2017 Presentations"). Cohort pages denoted with an asterisk (*) also contain links to SURP publications highlighting individuals' experiences within the program.
- 2019 Presentations from our 2019 interns
- 2018 Presentations from our 2018 interns*
- 2017 Presentations from our 2017 interns*
- 2016 Posters from our 2016 interns*
- 2015 Posters from our 2015 interns*
- 2014 Posters from our 2014 interns*
- 2013 Posters from our 2013 interns
- 2012 Posters from our 2012 interns
- 2011 Posters from our 2011 interns
- 2010 Posters from our 2010 interns
- 2009 Presentations from our 2009 interns
- 2008 Presentations from our 2008 interns
“I was surrounded by supportive and intelligent individuals who are currently doing outstanding work in their respective fields. The lab setting was positively contagious, I left confident and determined to progress in my field due to the lab setting I was in.”– Jose Angel Olais, SURP 2018
SURP 2018 Slideshow
Oral Research Presentations
SURP interns give oral presentations of their ongoing research projects at an interdisciplinary UVA conference.
Focus on Academic & Research Skills
Interns engage with Curry faculty and graduate students through weekly lunches, workshops, and GRE prep.
D.C. Cultural Trip
Interns engage with Smithsonian Museums, visit the U.S. Capitol, and connect with researchers at the Institute of Education Sciences (IES).
Leadership Alliance National Symposium
SURP interns join other UVA summer interns in presenting their research at LANS, a national professional research conference.
Part of the Curry Community
Interns share their research projects at the SURP Final Ceremony with the entire Curry School community.