UVA Library Services and Resources
Research, reference, and scholarship services the UVA Library can provide to you:
If you would like help locating journal articles, finding test instruments, writing literature reviews, becoming proficient in APA citation style, making the most of RefWorks software, navigating copyright, selecting an appropriate journal in which to publish, etcetera, contact your School of Education and Human Development librarian, Ashley Hosbach. Faculty or TAs teaching classes can contact Ashley to schedule a library session for both online and in person classes.
Please bookmark a Research Subject Guide developed by your librarian to help you with your research!
Check out our Library workshops!
Data Services the UVA Library can provide to you:
If you would like help with data analysis, locating a data set, selecting or installing research data software, or managing your data for a research project, contact our data experts: StatLab, Data Management, Research Software, Data Discovery (data sets and statistics), and Geographic Information Science (GIS).
Sign up for our Research Data Services Newsletter that features upcoming workshops and events, new tools and data sources, and our many consultation services.
Check out our data workshops!
They feature databases, journals, datasets, APA help, test instruments, and more all on one page!
- All UVA Library Research Guides
- Administration and Supervision
- Athletic Training
- Children's Literature
- Clinical Psychology
- Comparative Education
- Counselor Education and School Psychology
- Education (K-12)
- Education Policy
- Educational Psychology: Applied Developmental Science
- English Language Learners
- Gifted Education
- Higher Education
- Instructional Technology
- Reading Education
- Research, Statistics & Evaluation
- Social Foundations of Education
- Special Education
- Speech Communication Disorders
- Student Affairs
- University Library's main website
- Schedule a research consultation with a School of Education and Human Development Librarian using this link, email@example.com.
- Faculty and TAs can schedule a librarian to come to their classroom to teach about library tools and services using this link, firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Schedule a data consultation with one of our data experts.
- The Children's Book Collection at UVA is in Clemons Library. We also created this guide Resources for Children's Literature to help you.
- Databases: the A-Z List: A list of all databases to which the UVA Library subscribes
- Interlibrary Loan Service. If the UVA Library does NOT have a journal article , book chapter or book you need, use the Library's free interlibrary loan service. The library will get the items for you.
- Journal articles. How can you locate full text/PDF copies of journal articles? You can use either of these 2 easy methods to get journal articles full text.
- LEO Service for Faculty. The LEO service provides service to UVA faculty members by delivering library material for personal research use to departmental offices. Delivered library material includes items retrieved from a UVA library, or via Interlibrary Loan. LEO can also be used to request that items be scanned for Collab sites.
- RefWorks. This bibliographic management software is free to UVA affiliates if you register for an account using your UVA email address. See the RefWorks Guide for more information.
- Video Collection Guide. Links to our streaming video collection as well as dvd collections. Great resources for Collab sites and personal use.
- VIRGO, UVa Library's online catalog to find books, ebooks, images, data resources, etc. in the UVA Library collection.
Editors and Writing Assistance(fee based)