What is Networking?
Networking is the process of discovering and connecting with people in your desired field of work. Networking can be informal such as an interaction with your peers and people in your immediate surroundings. It can also include formal interactions with professionals and UVA alumni that you have never met before. Below you will find resources to connect with professionals and UVA alumni as well as some tips on how to conduct informational interviews for networking purposes.
Connect with Curry Alumni
- UCAN via Hoosonline
- University Career Assistance Network (UCAN) is a searchable database which is a component of the HoosOnline community. Over 20,000 alumni have agreed to serve as career contacts to help other alumni and current students learn more about careers! A broad range of professionals in a variety of fields can provide advice and perspectives regarding career paths, job/internship search strategies, and specific details about the organizations where they work .UCAN is not a job placement service, but you can expect to receive advice, ideas and encouragement.
- Instructions for UCAN can be found here.
- Curry Alumni LinkedIn Group
- Connect via LinkedIn with Curry alumni that have gone into a broad range of education, human services, and other related fields.
- UVA Alumni Clubs
- Network through social events when visiting different geographic areas.