Who are Curry Students?
Are you interested in recruiting some of the brightest and most talented students in the field of education? The Curry community consist of students majoring in Teacher Education, Speech Pathology & Audiology, Youth & Social Innovation, and Kinesiology. These students are leaders in education, education policy advisors, developers of innovation and proven-effective curriculum, builders of schools around the world, and much more.
Educators' Expo PK-12 Job & Interview Fair
This annual education job and interview fair is catered towards candidates and students interested in PK-12 positions in Teacher, Counseling, Speech Language Pathology or Administration. The Expo attracts approximately 400 education students from all academic levels. Generally 75-95+ education recruiting organizations (including public school divisions, private & independent schools and recruiting agencies, charter schools, and international schools) participate to recruit for full time and part time summer positions.
Registration will open in fall 2019!
Details at a glance - more information can be found here.
- Date: February 14, 2020 (Snow date is likely either Friday 2/21/20 or Tuesday 2/25/20)
- Check-in for Employers and Recruiters: 9 - 10am (in Newcomb Hall Ballroom foyer; allows time for setup, parking and continental breakfast provided/included for Employers/Recruiters)
- Job Fair: 10am - 1pm
- Lunch: available 11:30 - 1:30pm (included for Employers & Recruiters)
- Candidate Interviews: 1pm - 5pm
- Employer Cost: $500 for one day, one booth/table full day (includes up to 3 representatives for Job Fair 10am-1pm; and 3 representatives for Interview Fair 1pm-5pm) -or- $250 for 1/2 day, Job Fair only 10am-1pm
- Location: UVA's Newcomb Hall Ballroom and adjacent rooms, Charlottesville, VA
- Parking: Newcomb Hall parking garage, 400 Emmet Street South (free for Employers/Recruiters, validation code will be provided to registrants)
Fall 2019 Resume Marathon: This is our signature fall event for employers to meet with Curry students. Recruiters provide one-on-one lightening resume reviews. It is an opportunity to meet with and screen potential candidates for full-time positions and internships while helping fine-tune the students' resumes and advising them on the job search process. This is a particularly popular event with our December graduates. If you are interested in participating our fall 2019 event please contact Hilary Kerner at [email protected].
Job & Internship Posting
Do you have a job or internship opportunity that you would like to advertise to curry students? If so, then please visit Handshake the official UVa job & internship positing board. The Curry Career Office also sends out bi-weekly emails to 1,000+ Curry educators with information on upcoming job and internship deadlines. If you would like for your job or internship opportunity to be included please email a one paragraph description (complete with link and instructions about how to apply) to Hilary Kerner at [email protected]. If you would like to reach our alumni population you can also post your job opportunity at UValumniJOBS.
Would you like your own unique recruiting experience? Each Spring, employers schedule interviewing space at the Career Center located in Bryant Hall at Scott Stadium for the following academic year. This time allows for employers to have a more thorough personalized experience interviewing students. If you are interested in learning more about On-Grounds Interviewing please click here.