Payment Information

Welcome to the School of Education and Human Development! This page will provides information needed to pay your tuition and fee charges while enrolled at the School of Education and Human Development.

Billing & Payment

UVA Student Financial Services provides the following resources on their website:

Drops & Withdrawals

Students in on-Grounds programs should refer to the Undergraduate or Graduate Record for the drop/withdrawal schedule. Students in off-Grounds and online programs should refer to our Drop, Withdrawal, and Refund Policy for information about drop and refund schedules.

Third-Party & Employer Payments

Students are responsible for all tuition and fees associated with their enrollment in classes. Students can work with Student Financial Services to request third-party and employer billing if the agency has agreed to pay all or a specified portion of student charges, the payments will be sent directly from the agency to UVA, and the agency requires UVA to issue an itemized invoice addressed in their name. For more information about initiating third-party and employer payments, students should visit the website for Student Financial Services. Please note that students receiving tuition reimbursement through their employers are not eligible for third-party billing; for more information about tuition reimbursement, please see the Tuition Reimbursement website. Students who are enrolled in coursework as part of a school division's contract with the University will have their charges taken care of automatically, as dictated by the contract. If you are unsure of whether you are part of a contract, please contact your school division.

Tax Information

Students and parents may be eligible for education tax benefits, including the American Opportunity Credit, Lifetime Learning Credit, Tuition & Fees Deduction, and Student Loan Interest Deduction. The University will report the total amount billed to students via the 1098-T form. Students can find information about the taxability of scholarships and information for non-resident aliens through Student Financial Services.


If you have questions about the paying your charges, payment plans, or federal financial aid, please contact Student Financial Services at or 434-982-6000.

If you have received financial aid from your School of Education and Human Development department and have questions, please contact your department administrator.

If you are a prospective student seeking more information about our programs or are a current student with questions about the charges on your account, please contact us at