The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Small Grant is a new funding opportunity to support interdisciplinary school-level activities, events, or projects that have the potential to enhance diversity, promote equity, and foster inclusion across departments and centers and amongst students, faculty, and staff. The grants provide modest resources, with a preference for projects with the most significant potential for sustainable success.
The grant will be awarded to EHD faculty, staff, and students interested in leading an activity to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion within the School’s departments and centers. Proposal from students require faculty or staff sponsorship. Collaboration is highly encouraged for innovative activities, events, or projects that support an engaging and inclusive environment for our students, faculty, and staff.
DEI activity topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following:
- Increasing the diversity and climate for co-curricular programs and activities.
- Making service, teaching, and/or research more inclusive for our diverse student body.
- Building creative learning spaces to enable inclusive learning environments.
- Supporting inclusive faculty, staff, and/or students’ relations.
- Engaging in community-building activities.
All requested funds are to be used for new activities, events, projects, programs, or services. Funding may not be used for fundraising events, debt reduction, grants or scholarships to individuals, basic academic research, or travel to present at conferences or for general operating costs for existing programs, centers, or departments, or any other exceptions to policy. Funds cannot be donated to third parties, used for alcohol, gifts, stipends, or lobbying.
Award amount (maximum): $1,500/year
All proposals will be considered on the following criteria:
- Institutional and Grant Alignment: Proposals will: (1) contribute to and enhance EHD’s climate as a more equitable and inclusive place to study, research, and work, and (2) will address some elements of the recommendations from the University’s Racial Equity Task Force report or addresses findings/recommendations from other documented reports or surveys within EHD or the University.
- Innovation: The ways in which the proposal is creative, proposing a novel approach towards enhancing or addressing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Impact: The expected difference(s) the project will make on the issues addressed, the audience(s) it will serve, and the number of people it will affect.
- Collaboration: The project will bring together two or more departments, centers, or diverse groups to advance mutual goals and share knowledge.
- Project Leadership: The leadership, capacity, and qualifications of the individual or group to implement the project.
To apply, submit your Grant Application. For your reference, please see the Budget Proposal Form template. If you have any questions, feel free to email [email protected]. Once you’ve submitted, please send us an email titled “DEI Small Grant Application,” so that we might review your application on a rolling basis. We look forward to receiving your proposals!